Last night was our first 2013 lamb. A nice sized black ram lamb out of Sheltering Pines Bengal x OK Acres Ringo.
You might notice the stylish lamb coat that the little guy is sporting, it's a trial run for some coats I'm making out of fleece. I need to make them a little shorter and round the back corners a bit, but they are working out pretty well so far. I made 3 of them to see how they fit and worked before I invested more time into them. My sister in law, Rhonda, makes a lot of fleece tie blankets and she generously donated her extra material for my lambie-pie coat project.
I decided to make them fit a wider range of lambs that I'd make the tie straps cross under them and then tie them at the top, and this makes them a lot like a "robe". I attached the ties forward quite a bit to allow for boy parts that need to be cleared underneath and after my first test fit, it appears as if I got that right. All the truly chic lambs will be begging for these snuggly little coats, I know it helped a lot last night when it got so chilly and I had a wet lamb to keep warm.